Qashqai 2016 model. Catlytic converter

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Martin101
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Martin101 »

Hi all my first post. I bought a NQ 1.2 automatic/ petrol 1.2 from a Nissan main dealer 5 weeks ago which came with a one-year warranty. Unfortunately, after a week the orange engine malfunction light came on.

The garage had a look the following day and whilst they are happy to fix, they say a new catalytic converter is required and is out of stock. It could take many months (they cannot say when) as apparently a shortage of this part. They inform me it is safe to drive the car in the meantime.

I am not happy at all and I told them a week later ( so withing 30 days ) that I reject the car , gave them formal notice and to refund me. They have not replied to the notice . When I spoke to them last week, they say I cannot return the car and need to wait and I am in the priority list for parts .

I am so frustrated and not happy at all. I have had no enjoyment of the new car.

Any fellow drivers in the same position and what should I do and advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Ask Citizens Advice Bureau for their opinion or
Speak (politely) to the sales manager and be quite specific that you will air your complaint and name names on social media (faecesbook and twatter) - that often has a decent chance of motivating them to help
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
e143rw
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by e143rw »

If you paid by credit / debit card, the bank might be able to provide some advice? consumer protection under credit and debit card are not the same though!