Mass air flow sensor

ICE, Equipment, Options
Magnette
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Magnette »

Good morning and thanks for the add.

I have an issue where my engine light keeps coming on and I get a flat spot on accelerating at around 70. I have a 2016 1.5 diesel.

Plugging in two different readers come up with a mass air flow reader fault. I have eemoved and cleaned the sensor, but the problem comes back shortly after. Clearing the code clears the issue with acceleration until the light comes back on again.

Looking at my options for new sensors, they can be quite expensove. I noticed on various sellers, that the unit appears identical (including part numbers) to a maf that is fitted to a Vauxhall Movano. The vauxhall unit is over £20 cheaper, so I figured it should fit, but wondered if anybody on here and had the same concern and had tried this?

Thanks in advance, Magnette.

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas »

Hi
Did you solve this issues? I am experiencing similar probelm with my 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.6 diesel. Clearing the codes solves the issue, but if I drive on motorway at high speed, the engine light gets back on and acceleration becomes poor. Did you replace your MAF and was the issue sorted by just replacing the MAF sensor?

Thanks

Post by 036719259 »

MAF CENSOR P0101
QASHQAI J11 1.5 DIESEL

Hello.I have a problem with my MAF CENSOR.It all started a couple of months ago when the indication light went on and being worried i checked it only to discover that the problem was related with my MAF CENSOR. I bought another one (with the exact same characteristics) nissan MAF and gave it a try. In the beginning it ran smoothly but after an hour of driving it went on again.I understood that it happens when i accelerate and go up to the sixth gear.After that i can only accelerate up until 120 klm/hr and the light continues to be on.

So i think that its not a fault of my new MAF censor but something else.

Does anyone have a clue?Maybe any cables or something else?