Folding mirrors don't unfold

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Bigiain
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Bigiain »

I've seen this issue - every time you open the boot from the key fob, the doors unlock, but the mirrors don't unfold.

I have my mirrors set to fold/unfold on lock/unlock - I find its handy to indicate the car has been locked if I glance back at it from a distance.

If I've opened the boot remotely, I have to manually unfold them with the button on the door handle. Oddly, it needs to be pressed twice to unfold the mirrors - like the car thinks they've unfolded, so first press makes the car think you've folded them, second press unfolds them.

I can't think of a reason for it to be setup like this deliberately

I have occasionally driven off and suddenly got very confused when I can't see the mirrors.

The mirrors unfold OK if I press the button on the boot door or wave my foot under the rear bumper.

Its not a major issue - I've got into the habit of pressing the mirror unfold button twice as I get into the car, but its a bit annoying - I'd rather they fixed it in a future software update.
Qashqai 1.3 Dig-T MH 158 Tekna 72 Plate in Grey

Quantock

Post by Quantock »

I've just checked my e-power Tekna+, first unlocking the boot with the fob, then unlocking using my foot under the bumper, both times the mirrors unfold.
Bigiain

Post by Bigiain »

Interesting - so not occurring on the E-power (assuming you have mirrors set to unfold on unlock?)

Just noticed my signature is way out of date! - Car is a 72 plate 1.3 Dig-T MH 158 Tekna

The car is in for its first service in a couple of months - if they corrected it on the E-Power, I'm hoping they update the software and there's a fix
Qashqai 1.3 Dig-T MH 158 Tekna 72 Plate in Grey
xavpiq

Post by xavpiq »

Bigiain wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:32 pm I've seen this issue - every time you open the boot from the key fob, the doors unlock, but the mirrors don't unfold.

I have my mirrors set to fold/unfold on lock/unlock - I find its handy to indicate the car has been locked if I glance back at it from a distance.

If I've opened the boot remotely, I have to manually unfold them with the button on the door handle. Oddly, it needs to be pressed twice to unfold the mirrors - like the car thinks they've unfolded, so first press makes the car think you've folded them, second press unfolds them.

I have occasionally driven off and suddenly got very confused when I can't see the mirrors.

The mirrors unfold OK if I press the button on the boot door or wave my foot under the rear bumper.

Its not a major issue - I've got into the habit of pressing the mirror unfold button twice as I get into the car, but its a bit annoying - I'd rather they fixed it in a future software update.

Same happens on my N-Connecta. The bad thing is that when you open the boot from the key fob, since the mirrors don't unfold, you may think you just opened the boot but you actually unlocked the car and the doors remain unlocked when you press the key fob again to close the boot. That's an issue!
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.
xavpiq

Post by xavpiq »

xavpiq wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:38 pm
Bigiain wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:32 pm I've seen this issue - every time you open the boot from the key fob, the doors unlock, but the mirrors don't unfold.

Same happens on my N-Connecta. The bad thing is that when you open the boot from the key fob, since the mirrors don't unfold, you may think you just opened the boot but you actually unlocked the car and the doors remain unlocked when you press the key fob again to close the boot. That's an issue!
I add another weird behaviour. All I described above happens with the setting "Mirrors unfold at unlock" and "Selective Unlock OFF". If I set "Selective Unlock ON" (to unlock only the driver's door at the first push on the key fob unlock or handle button) then pressing the boot switch on the key fob only opens the boot and keeps allo doors locked (good) but you know what ... the mirros unfold!? As if you unlocked all doors...
Definitely a misleading bug that exchanges the way mirror folding should work.
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.
Pifa_k1

Post by Pifa_k1 »

I have similar issues. I turned automatic folding off and I manually fold and unfold mirrors but very often the right mirror won't unfold. Usually after pushing mirror buttons randomly at some point the righ mirror unfolds but sometimes I must turn off the car and start it again.
If I set folding automatic function there is no problem.
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Maybe the button needs cleaning inside.
Pifa_k1

Post by Pifa_k1 »

The right mirror was replaced by warranty.