Red EML (No error codes or symptoms)

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Snd36
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Snd36 »

NISSAN QASHQAI DIESEL HATCHBACK
1.5 dCi [110] Tekna 5dr (67k miles)

Driving along motorway, red EML comes on. I instantly pulled over to hard shoulder so I didn't get much distance for feeling any symptoms but I did not feel any loss or power or hear anything odd (previous issues with injectors had these symptoms)

AA mechanic arrives and I tell him it's probably the injectors (because of past issues). He checks for codes and finds none. I believe he cleared/reset the EML and sat with high revs and commented it is not the injectors as the engine is running smooth.

Instructed me to drive and he'll follow for a bit to see if anything happens.... nothing happens.

So now I'm left with a car I don't trust and a phantom issue I dunno where to begin doing anything about.

Any ideas where I can go from here besides getting rid of it?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. (I have no idea if this is related or false lead)
When I got the car home I sat with it idling with my own OBD just on the off chance it happened again whilst idling. I noticed after a while the two lights which looks like the [*EDIT (proper terms)*] "ESP OFF" and "slip warning" come on and stay on whilst sat idling. But this may be a separate issue I've just noticed.

## Extra info on past issues ##
1. Car red EML comes on, loss of power. Was injector which I get replaced
2. Future date (maybe a month later) it happens again, lo and behold another injector issue. This time I bit the bullet and got them all replaced
3. Now the phantom issue stated above...
Last edited by Snd36 on Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Blocked exhaust sensor pipe you may have. Plenty of posts on here on how to remove the pipe and clean it. Should solve your problems.
Snd36
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Snd36 »

Thanks for taking the time to respond andy2019.

I'll look into that, at least it is something to start with (and hopefully end with)

Shouldn't that particular problem cause error codes to appear though? (I believe the codes would be C1130 & C1132)

Note: edited my original post to use the correct dashboard light symbol names (silly me)
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Snd36 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:36 pm Thanks for taking the time to respond andy2019.

I'll look into that, at least it is something to start with (and hopefully end with)

Shouldn't that particular problem cause error codes to appear though? (I believe the codes would be C1130 & C1132)

Note: edited my original post to use the correct dashboard light symbol names (silly me)
this was the tell tail sign in your post.......
P.S. (I have no idea if this is related or false lead)
When I got the car home I sat with it idling with my own OBD just on the off chance it happened again whilst idling. I noticed after a while the two lights which looks like the [*EDIT (proper terms)*] "ESP OFF" and "slip warning" come on and stay on whilst sat idling. But this may be a separate issue I've just noticed.

take a look at the post below it has the info and download file..
viewtopic.php?t=4994&start=50