2014, J11, 1.5DCI, Tekna - Low Power & Poor Acceleration

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Tarzan77uk
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Tarzan77uk »

Hi folks, I’m new to the Qashqai forum having recently got a 2014 J11 Tekna 1.5 DCI.

I hope that my Qashqai 2014 J11 Tekna 1.5 DCI has something wrong that I can sort out, if not then the car is just ridiculously underpowered. I got it measured on a rolling road and it peaked at 68BHP.

I’ve replaced the fuel filter, air filter MAF sensor and the blocked manifold pressure sensor pipe, and glow plugs, also chemically cleaned the DPF and EGR. There have been minor improvements but is certainly not a joy to drive. After sorting the glow plugs there are no error codes on the ODB monitor.

Not sure if this is connected, perhaps it is, but there is also a vibrating noise coming from a fuel filter pipe that is transferring into the cabin and the trip computer mpg averages around 27mpg. I confirmed the mpg is much better than that by topping up the tank and calculating the mpg, but why would that be wrong?

I’ve had the car 10 weeks now, I’d love to get a bit of zip back into it, it could be a great car, any ideas.

Thanks.

andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

correct fuel filter fitted and bolted in place correct ? after replacing and cleaning all them items did you change oil, oil filter air filter and pollen filter too.
if your doing short trips then you won`t get good mpg, motorway and 50mph rds you should get 55mpg + no problem, take it for a good long drive.
Gooner4life
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Gooner4life »

Tarzan77uk wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:48 pm Hi folks, I’m new to the Qashqai forum having recently got a 2014 J11 Tekna 1.5 DCI.

I hope that my Qashqai 2014 J11 Tekna 1.5 DCI has something wrong that I can sort out, if not then the car is just ridiculously underpowered. I got it measured on a rolling road and it peaked at 68BHP.

I’ve replaced the fuel filter, air filter MAF sensor and the blocked manifold pressure sensor pipe, and glow plugs, also chemically cleaned the DPF and EGR. There have been minor improvements but is certainly not a joy to drive. After sorting the glow plugs there are no error codes on the ODB monitor.

Not sure if this is connected, perhaps it is, but there is also a vibrating noise coming from a fuel filter pipe that is transferring into the cabin and the trip computer mpg averages around 27mpg. I confirmed the mpg is much better than that by topping up the tank and calculating the mpg, but why would that be wrong?

I’ve had the car 10 weeks now, I’d love to get a bit of zip back into it, it could be a great car, any ideas.

Thanks.
Did you managed to sort this problem out? I have exactly the same car with the same problems you described but mine does not do very well with cold starts too. I will be changing my glow plugs over the weekend.
Nashly69

Post by Nashly69 »

Hi did you sort out what was wrong as having same issue with mine and I'm pulling my hair out trying to sort it out so any help would be really grateful
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Nashly69 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:21 pm Hi did you sort out what was wrong as having same issue with mine and I'm pulling my hair out trying to sort it out so any help would be really grateful
Any error codes stored, service all upto date ?
Nashly69

Post by Nashly69 »

No error codes, service up to date had a dpf regen, changed glow plugs,check all pipes and unclogged egr, still no difference also my cruise control has stopped working