Thermostat

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
simpshome
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by simpshome »

Does anybody know if there is a general issue or fault with the thermostats?

Maybe even an acknowledged fault and or recall to replace it? Reason is the car has only done 45,000 mile and we had to spend nearly £500 to have a new thermostat replaced etc after it went faulty. I would have thought that with a modern car, 4 year old car, low mileage, that the thermostat should have lasted longer then 45,000 miles! Can / should I take it up with Nissan directly to obtain a refund, I think it is unacceptable for a car with 45,000 miles to suffer this kind of fault and makes the car look unfit for for purpose....

Any thoughts please, anyone had the same happen, anyone claimed against Nissan?

Thank you

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

This thread
viewtopic.php?t=13191
talks about a similar issue.
I don’t think anyone was aware of this until the first post in that thread (March ‘23)
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
JLG123

Post by JLG123 »

simpshome wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:39 pm Does anybody know if there is a general issue or fault with the thermostats?

Maybe even an acknowledged fault and or recall to replace it? Reason is the car has only done 45,000 mile and we had to spend nearly £500 to have a new thermostat replaced etc after it went faulty. I would have thought that with a modern car, 4 year old car, low mileage, that the thermostat should have lasted longer then 45,000 miles! Can / should I take it up with Nissan directly to obtain a refund, I think it is unacceptable for a car with 45,000 miles to suffer this kind of fault and makes the car look unfit for for purpose....

Any thoughts please, anyone had the same happen, anyone claimed against Nissan?

Thank you
Nissan have so far not acknowledged any fault but there seems to be a growing number of people with the same issue … the majority with a 19 plate. Good luck trying to get anything out of Nissan. Their mandate about looking after their customers is a load of rubbish. They’re going to have to deal with this at some stage
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Trust me, I've tried to get Nissan CS to acknowledge there's an issue that Nissan needs to be acting on but they are simply NOT INTERESTED.

I emailed, I phoned, I submitted a complaint and had a call with them and the upshot is they won't do a thing to even warn us if our vehicles have the suspect part fitted and are quite happy to charge us full price should we not want to risk engine failure and therefore have this part replaced.

Vote with your feet, they just don't care.

My next car will NOT be a Nissan, shame really as I've had 3 Qashqais in a row.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
JLG123

Post by JLG123 »

Pandjh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:03 pm Trust me, I've tried to get Nissan CS to acknowledge there's an issue that Nissan needs to be acting on but they are simply NOT INTERESTED.

I emailed, I phoned, I submitted a complaint and had a call with them and the upshot is they won't do a thing to even warn us if our vehicles have the suspect part fitted and are quite happy to charge us full price should we not want to risk engine failure and therefore have this part replaced.

Vote with your feet, they just don't care.

I still think everyone should write to Watchdog. Perhaps if they were inundated they would do something

My next car will NOT be a Nissan, shame really as I've had 3 Qashqais in a row.