Bought a Qashqai - What does this mean on the dash?

ICE, Equipment, Options
GeeUK
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by GeeUK »

Hello,

Bought a 2013 model and my other half took a picture the instrument panel with the below.

Can anyone advise?

The triangle I believe is the master warning light, but it appears to mean different things depending on the lights that illuminate along with it? Only bought the car on Friday from a dealer.

Edit: I found the following, sounds like nothing to worry about?

IMG-20231217-WA0004.jpg

GeeUK

Post by GeeUK »

So as above, I found the following explanation for the car with picture with the red dots (look orange due to the phone lenses). Sounds like nothing to worry about?

'seat belt sign for back seat is on all the time without anyone sitting there" Is this is the picture of the car with three red dots on the screen between the speedometer and rev counter? This should go after 30 seconds of driving, or a press in the 'enter' button on the left hand side of the steering wheel. There is no sensor for when someone sits on the seat, only the presence of the seatbelt itself. The front seats do have a sensor and the car beeps if someone is sitting there with no seatbelt on.'

However, we are getting the below on the dash after 2 days of ownership, which appears to be a malfunction with stop / start? I wasn't aware the car we bought even had stop start!

However, I have checked and it has a stop / start battery and the stop / start activation button is there, so it obviously does! How do I go about diagnosing the stop / start failure other than taking to Nissan? What are the most common issues?

I'll do some searching here also, thanks!

20231217_192414.jpg

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

get the battery checkout first if your car is a 2013 and the batt is still original then is near end of it`s life i would say
GeeUK

Post by GeeUK »

andy2019 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:01 pm get the battery checkout first if your car is a 2013 and the batt is still original then is near end of it`s life i would say
Hello Andy,

Thank you for your response.

I dug out my cheap OBD reader and it came up with:

P0380 Glow Plug / Heater Circuit A

From a quick search, it seems this can cause issues with stop / start unless this code is just additional to the issues!? I'll certainly get the battery checked though. The car I imagine has been stood while waiting to sell, though we have given it a good run.

I'll be contacting the seller about this, only had the car since Friday, I'd like to hope they'd honour this.
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

glad you found an error code hopefully they will sort it as will save you the expense of haveing to buy the part after a few days of getting the car. did you get 2 key fobs and locking wheel nut key aswell ?
GeeUK

Post by GeeUK »

Hi,

Got the wheel locking nut, sadly only 1 key. With so many things to check going through my head, asking about a second key is one I forgot!

I'm going to get another programmed, but I was advised to do it via Nissan as per the below (secondhand car woes!):

There is an issue with the Body control modules fitted to some qashqai’s with push button start from 2014-2018 where upon programming keys all keys are deleted as is usual before programming existing and new keys back in, but the module goes to sleep and can’t be woken back up, and the only fix for that is a new module, there is a list of affected modules but it is not a complete list, as some people have had issues with ones not on the list, due to this I always recommend people to go to Nissan to get a new key as if it fails on them it’s their responsibility to replace/repair it
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

New keys are not cheap so start saveing now. At least you got the locking wheel nut. Hopefully it's been serviced for you too.
GeeUK

Post by GeeUK »

andy2019 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:41 pm New keys are not cheap so start saveing now. At least you got the locking wheel nut. Hopefully it's been serviced for you too.
Yeah, I imagine not :(

Yep, it was serviced.