J11 How to lower the steering column?

The place to discuss everything else..
Mr Blackstar
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Mr Blackstar »

Hello group members,

I wonder if anyone can assist me with some answers on how I go about temporarily lowering the steering column on my J11..2018 model..? Any tips or hints of things to watch out for (etc)..

I seem to understand that there's X4 mounting nuts, on the underside of the steering wheel/ column area that I need to slacken off, and remove. I have attempted to attach a photo which I think shows X2 of the 4 nuts. I would appreciate knowing where the other 2 nuts are located..

I've not tackled this ever before and wonder if the same steering column and steering wheel, then can be lowered and come to rest on my drivers seat?

I need to complete the above task, in order to be able to evict and to replace, a faulty Heater Blower Motor. I admire the designers who have perhaps never had the pleasure of completing this task and only wish that the same Heater Blower Motor could indeed, have been easier to access when it becomes faulty...I can only dream at this stage! Such is life..

Regards and thanks for reading any any inputs most welcomed...
Chris
1ADD9210-E51B-434C-8DB7-B5ACD1185BB5.jpeg

SJW
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by SJW »

did you mange to change the blower.
did you get any advice. I have to change mine
fbgqashqai

Post by fbgqashqai »

Hope this helps
fbgqashai 2017 J11a N Connecta 1.5DCi in Silver
SJW

Post by SJW »

Thanks
I've removed the fan, which is faulty, do that's good. Unfortunately the replacement fan, which is listed as for J11, is physically smaller πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ.
Anyone come across this before?
I've ordered one from a different supplier but worried whether it'll be the correct size too