Persistent Engine Light P1498

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
EML98
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by EML98 »

I recently bought a 1.5dci 2016 QQ and have been having issues with the engine light since day 1. We’ve returned it to the dealer several times, and after each time it’s ’fixed’ it comes on again pretty much instantly.

Got fed up of driving courtesy cars and bought an OBD reader, code is coming up as P1498. Anyone know what this could be? It’s been difficult to find details on exactly what this means for a Nissan, seems to be something to do with the EGR - I’ve just cleaned the EGR valve and am about to put it back but it didn’t look clogged up enough for that to be the full issue…

To confuse things further, the dealer had been replacing things like the turbo boost solenoid, and the car has been driving totally normally (minus a few crazy parking sensor/crash sensor moments and lack of start/stop feature that were all fixed when I put a new battery in).

Any help would be so appreciated, at my wits end with this engine light!

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

guess the dealer did not take it for a test drive after doing all the jobs on it, if there error code came on that quick they would have spotted it ? was correct battery fitted when you replaced it and was the car set-up to see that new batt had been installed?