Could this be a timing chain issue??

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
JDouglas06
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JDouglas06 »

Hi there,

I recently posted about my car (1.2 DiG-T N-Tec+ 5dr, 2015) going into Limp Home Mode as it suddenly lost all power to the accelerator, with engine management light being on, 'chases control system fault' displaying on the dash and the start/stop cutting out. However, after about an hour and a half, the car was completely fine to drive!

I have been driving it since, but this morning on the way to work, the car began to jolt when going 19mph/20mph when needing to change into 3rd gear. The last time the car done this was before my new ignition coils and spark plugs as it acted as if it wasn't getting any power...

I've seen posts about it being a loom wiring issue, but this is in tact, and my car does not have a distributor cap, so it can't be that. I've had the battery tested and all is well with that and it was only changed this time last year.

Any insight into how I can check if the timing chain is the issue, or will this be something to do with the gear box? If someone can let me know or if more information is needed, that would be great! I've already spent a lot of money on main components already, so will just want to make sure I am paying for the right thing this time! Thank you in advance