Clutch bite and judder

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Harko
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Harko »

Hi all.

As explained in the induction section. I have recently purchased a 59 plate j10 1.5dci. Needs some TLC but it is going to be a project.

1st problem I need to tackle is the clutch.

The previous owner claims her brother replaced the clutch 20k miles ago. However the bite point on the clutch is super low, like almost on the floor. I struggle the change down gears and in 1st and some times 2nd I get a judder when I pull away.

Question is if the clutch has been changed as suggested what could be causing this and how can it be fixed.

Second question if it does need a new clutch should I stick with dual mass or convert to solid fly wheels (I do mostly motorway driving)

Thanks for any help in advance.

mcvova
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by mcvova »

Harko wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:12 pm The previous owner claims her brother replaced the clutch 20k miles ago. However the bite point on the clutch is super low, like almost on the floor. I struggle the change down gears and in 1st and some times 2nd I get a judder when I pull away.
Hi Harko,
I have the same issue with my Qashqai J10 1.6 dci. The bite point on the clutch is super low. The clutch was replaced 35k miles ago. Did you find a solution and fix this problem?