Would you buy e-power again

Forum for the Nissan Qashqai e-Power
Ostberry
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Ostberry »

I,m considering buying a QQ tekna e-power but reading the comments on this forum I would like to ask present owners, would you have bought this model based on your experiences of ownership. I appreciate not all owners will have had problems and will be happy with their car, but this is my first venture into hybrid/ electric so all replies will be gratefully appreciated before I take the plunge, TIA.

NickB73
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by NickB73 »

Absolutely! I love my epower, not for the economy which is good, but not as good as made out, but for the driving experience. It is a great stepping stone to fully electric.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Only had mine a few weeks but it’s one of the nicest and most comfortable cars I’ve had, this is my 3rd QQ. I really like the way epower works.

A big thumbs up from me 👍🏻
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Dave296

Post by Dave296 »

Had mine since December 2022. As said in a previous post economy not as good as is claimed, but yes, I would have another.

N-Connecta in Fuji Sunset Red
Jake Sully

Post by Jake Sully »

I've had my e-Power N-connecta since Oct '23, had around 3500 miles on it. I have been lucky that I've had no issues in it till now. The advertised fuel economy of 53.3 Mpg "can" be achieved if you baby the car around at low speeds but the real world fuel economy while driving at the speed limits for me is around 35 Mpg on city speeds, and 47 Mpg on highway speeds, I get combined 43 mpg on my daily commute which has more highway and some city.

Biggest pros for me would the price/value and the safety features in N-connecta like the 360 camera, adaptive cruise, blind spot, lane warning, adative headlight, rain sensing wipers etc plus the Quality of life features like the big screens, wireless Apple CarPlay etc. I also like the drive, since its electrically driven, there is no transmission, so no gears/jerks or RPM revs, just a smooth drive. Cons would be the longevity of this car, as battery packs are EXPENSIVE, and Hybrids are complicated than regular ICE cars that run for decades. Just saw a video the other day where a Hyundai got tiny little scratch in undercarriage and they deemed it a total loss because the battery pack became unsafe and the cost to replace the battery pack was $60,000, for reference the same car costs less than this BRAND NEW. So there's that, but I still think hybrid is better than going pure EV, I'm not ready for that range anxiety or to spend hours sitting at chargers, not to mention the ROI on EVs is atrocious.

73 QQ e-Power N-Connecta, Viofo 229 Pro
Curefan1966

Post by Curefan1966 »

Only had mine about 8 weeks but absolutely love it. i love the e-pedal around town makes driving almost effortless. It’s more comfortable and a smoother drive than my last qashqai (20 plate Tekna+ diesel dct). Fuel consumption if i drive with a soft touch i ave about 60mpg, if i drive ‘normally’ i get between 50- 55mpg. Best Ive had is 68mpg. Think it takes a bit of getting to know which mode is best suited to each road type. Although the battery is small, and not sure if this is good or not, managed a round trip on battery only of 15 miles. Would I get another, definitely.
J12 Tekna metallic blue/light grey interior - ordered 4/4/2023 collected 2/1/2024

Previous Cars (all 1.5dci)
J10B Ntec in Blue
J11A Acenta Premium in Metallic Red
J11A Tekna in Nightshade
J11B Tekna+ in Gun metallic
Ostberry
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Ostberry »

Thanks for the replies, all positive. You have all helped me and convinced me to take the plunge. Next step test drive and order. Thanks again. Great forum.
panormus72

Post by panormus72 »

NickB73 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:28 pm Absolutely! I love my epower, not for the economy which is good, but not as good as made out, but for the driving experience. It is a great stepping stone to fully electric.
+1

I've mine (Premium e-power, burgundy) for 13 months with circa 8000km and i'm very satisfied. Only minus that i would prefer the n-connecta version,but it was a little expensive for my money.
MontyB52

Post by MontyB52 »

100% yes, I’d have another one as long as I can have it in Burgundy again 😁
Trip from Derby to La Roche-sur-Yon via Plymouth- Roscoff ferry, 621 miles (1000km) on one tank & 58mpg, very impressed never had a car make it on one tank full or that mpg.
Smooth drive at all times, no jerky gear changes or CVT over-revving, all the equipment on the n-connecta is spot on for me.
One piece of advice I’d give is let the ICE bed in, I think that’s where a lot of the engine noise issue comes from, you have to remember it’s not running all the time, it may only just get warmed up when it then shuts down for a few miles @ the cycle starts again.
72 plate E-Power N-Connecta in Burgundy 8-)
NOS2

Post by NOS2 »

I’m 12 months into a 3 year lease. Done 6k miles with no issues. Very happy with the car and I’d get another in the same spec (N-Connecta with pano roof). I prefer the ride on the 18” wheels and love the pano roof.

Would I want one out of warranty? Not so sure on that but you can extend the warranty (£400 ish a year). I would double check what it covers first !