Comments on 1.6 dci engine

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
frazzle

Post by frazzle »

Hi, due to a glitch with our order of a 1.5dci N-Tec, we have been upgraded to 1.6 dci N-Tec+. Happy days!I test drove both the 1.2 petrol and 1.5 diesel but haven't driven a 1.6. I found the 1.5 to be decent enough, maybe a little short of pace but certainly fine for how we will drive the QQ.I've heard that the 1.6 dci is a decent enough engine, obviously more powerful but perhaps not as refined? Can anyone share their thoughts on the 1.6 dci refinement, performance and economy?
frazzle2015-03-14 14:01:29

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

What's the annual Road Fund Licence cost on the 1.6dci ?
frazzle

Post by frazzle »

It's band C so 30 for 12 months.
montimar

Post by montimar »

I have been driving mine for a year and find it a refined engine with plenty of power and awesome fuel economy. I think you will be well pleased with it.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

The 1.6 diesel is a far more modern, advanced, expensively built engine than the 1.5 litre. More powerful, torquey, with potential for an even more powerful version in future.
Luton Driver

Post by Luton Driver »

Yet all the reviews state that the 1.5 engine is a better engine than the 1.6
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I test drove both the 1.5 dCi and the 1.6 dCi. For me the 1.5 had all the power I needed, was the quieter unit and has good economy. It is also cheaper to buy and tax. I know it is a much reworked engine that has been around for years with 8 valves to the 1.6 16 valves but in it's latest version it is an excellent engine and Nissan/Renault have invested a lot of money in bringing it up to date,You pay your money and take your choice. If you want 4x4 or a diesel auto then there is no choice!
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="F1 Bob"]I test drove both the 1.5 dCi and the 1.6 dCi. For me the 1.5 had all the power I needed, was the quieter unit and has good economy. It is also cheaper to buy and tax. I know it is a much reworked engine that has been around for years with 8 valves to the 1.6 16 valves but in it's latest version it is an excellent engine and Nissan/Renault have invested a lot of money in bringing it up to date,You pay your money and take your choice. If you want 4x4 or a diesel auto then there is no choice![/QUOTE]
As you can see, I too bought the 1.5 for all the reasons you give above. Over 10 million K9K 1.5 engines have now been sold. It is used through the whole Renault, Nissan and Dacia small car brands and also by Mercedes Benz.Engine design, like most things in life, is a compromise. They seem to have the mix of compromises just right in the current installation of the 1.5 in the Qashqai.I think they have done wonders with the current model to quieten down the engine while making it cleaner, more economical and torquier than the model immediately preceding it. I've been astounded by how much quieter and more economical this generation engine is in the Qashqai compared to my previous Juke. That's not a poor reflection on the Juke but a positive one for the modified engine.
frazzle

Post by frazzle »

So of the cash side of things was to be removed from the equation (as it has been for me), would you go for the 1.5 or the 1.6?
TeknaBJ

Post by TeknaBJ »

1.6dci for me