Track info on screen with bluetooth stream ?

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
bqnm

Post by bqnm »

Hi Guys,Can I just ask another thing about iphone 6 and Nissan Connect:I just bought an iphone 6 and stream music through bluetooth. It works fine but I do not have any track information on screen... however, once, only once, when I looked at the screen I saw the Trackname showing on screen... What is normal, to show or not to show the track info on screen. I'm really confused about this. Any help is appreciated.Regards,Nuno

simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Only connected my iphone 6 with the USB lead. This then shows the track info. Must try the blu tooth one day. hope this helps.
Simmo
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I can't understand why you do not play your mp3's via a USB stick. 32 & 64gb cards work really well, hold thousands of tracks, show the track name, artist and album name, plus a coloured album cover. You have facilities to change the folders, mix, replay etc. a great bit of kit that works every time, just by touching the Connect screen.jonceebee2015-06-03 14:29:00
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
duncho

Post by duncho »

Jon,
I guess because they use Spotify which offers incredible amount of online streamed music source than stored on USB stick.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

...or like me, with an iPhone, I have to keep unplugging the memory stick and plugging in the phone USB connector if I want such things as "send to car". This isn't too bad if I think to do it before setting off but once on the road it's almost impossible (and dangerous) to attempt a switch in the centre console.Slightly irritating that usually I want both on a long journey. Almost worth bringing my wife along just to swap plugs ...but then, there's all the "road noise".
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Beardyman"]...or like me, with an iPhone, I have to keep unplugging the memory stick and plugging in the phone USB connector if I want such things as "send to car". This isn't too bad if I think to do it before setting off but once on the road it's almost impossible (and dangerous) to attempt a switch in the centre console.Slightly irritating that usually I want both on a long journey. Almost worth bringing my wife along just to swap plugs ...but then, there's all the "road noise". [/QUOTE]
Why not plug a twin USB plug into the console socket and then you can charge your phone and any other device which leaves the USB port free for the AUX facility on the connect. The other advantage of using the console lighter socket is that it switches off after you have left the car, unlike the one near the hand brake switch which is permanently live. sS anything plugged into the centre console one can be left there without overcharging and will switch back on when the ignition has been pressed. This is the type I fited...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-In-Car-USB ... 4d1ce54b72
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Jon, it's not the charging aspect, more being able to use the connect features through the iPhone, like "send to car" (which I do use, and will probably use a lot more of if the update to the software wipes all my satnav locations) or TripAdvisor (which I haven't bothered with yet).I do have a "double outlet" adapter - I think I have a Belkin one that I used with my previous car for SatNav and Phone. Since getting the Tekna I haven't had to use it.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, as you have stated I followed your recommendation before from another Topic and purchased a 32GB Stick for the music and it works really well now. Regarding your comment on the Plug In Socket for USB I think it makes sense to get the double one, I bought a single version from "Lidl" to check it out and it does indeed work OK. I use it just for charging the iPhones Dave ?Y?‰

Through the iphone 5 with Bluetooth Audio I get Title / Singer / Album.
Using the iphone with cable and USB Port I get Album Pic / Title / Singer / Album.
Using the USB Stick in the USB Port I get Album Pic / Title / Song / Album.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
bqnm

Post by bqnm »

Guys,Returning to the topic... any ideia why once in a while I have the track name on screen but most of the times I don't ? This is confusing me....Thx,Nuno
bqnm

Post by bqnm »

PS- I own a 2010 Qashqai Tekna Sport