1.2 DIG-T - Oil loss

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Muiramas

Post by Muiramas »

Thanks, I've reached out to a few locals - some have come back saying they can't do it though. I'm not sure if the parts are not readily available outside Nissan, or if the repair is just to intensive for many independent garages...

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Muiramas wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:42 pm Thanks, I've reached out to a few locals - some have come back saying they can't do it though. I'm not sure if the parts are not readily available outside Nissan, or if the repair is just to intensive for many independent garages...
oh dear, fingers crossed for you then
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

Its usually dealing with the warranty company that's the pain in the butt
Muiramas

Post by Muiramas »

Yeah, the warranty won't touch it - it's not a "sudden and unexpected" problem. Seems like it's a dealer-only repair due to the tools. £1,800 to repair a lemon...
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

its not a dealer only repair and their are no locking pins for this engine it is a pretty standard timing chain replacement. Now the R9M engine that is a different kettle of fish that requires special tools.

What I mean is a lot of garages don't want to deal with the aftermarket warranty companies there a pain
Muiramas

Post by Muiramas »

lewisbryant wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:09 pm its not a dealer only repair and their are no locking pins for this engine it is a pretty standard timing chain replacement. Now the R9M engine that is a different kettle of fish that requires special tools. What I mean is a lot of garages don't want to deal with the aftermarket warranty companies there a pain
Thanks for that - good to know. I'll continue to ask garages locally to me and see if I can get a better rate. I've given up trying to use the warranty company - the policy seems to protect them more than the car...
Stevechap
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Stevechap »

Hi everyone , I’m after some advice , we have a 16 plate 1.2 dig t , 50k on the clock , not full dealership service history , hammonds a main dealer in halesworth have had our car for nearly 2 months deciding wether to help us with a new engine or not , yesterday they came back to us and said no , and wanted us to pick our car up on a lorry as the engine was half stripped , (we drove the car to them and was originally told a new chain was required) . They also want us to pay £250 for the privilege of them stripping part of our engine . 8k for a new engine is impossible for us .
Any advise or guidance would be appreciated so much .
I don’t have many days to sort this out .
Thanks in advance.
Stevechap

Post by Stevechap »

Hi everyone , I’m after some advice , we have a 16 plate 1.2 dig t , 50k on the clock , not full dealership service history , hammonds a main dealer in halesworth have had our car for nearly 2 months deciding wether to help us with a new engine or not , yesterday they came back to us and said no , and wanted us to pick our car up on a lorry as the engine was half stripped , (we drove the car to them and was originally told a new chain was required) . They also want us to pay £250 for the privilege of them stripping part of our engine . 8k for a new engine is impossible for us .
Thanks in advance.
Stevechap

Post by Stevechap »

Thanks in advance.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

All I can suggest is both read this entire topic and ask the dealer precisely what the problem is and why they can't make a contribution.

Some people HAVE been lucky and others haven't.

I actually sold me car before this happened when teh OEM guarantee ran out.

See also viewtopic.php?f=32&t=11546
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)