After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
Defenceboy
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:45 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

Post by Defenceboy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:40 pm

And one more question, is there anyway/option/app in the android unit from where i can test that Canbus is actually attached and communicating with the head unit properly?


chosan
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Re: After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

Post by chosan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:40 am

Defenceboy wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:57 pm
chosan wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:09 am
Defenceboy wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:29 am


Thanks for the reply. I have just installed the android unit but my reverse cam and steering wheels buttons are not working now.
Sounds like a CANBus-box problem. Correct settings are all in the thread, use search. Also verify that that connector is seated properly in the CAN-box,
Thanks for your reply. Can you please point out which is the connector for the camera?
It's the second connector from the left. Your problem is most likely in the OEM-wiring. It's all discussed in this thread, you need to swap two yellow connectors from CAN to the unit. Use search. I would contact the seller for advise if your CAN is still not working, hence SWC and so on, not working.

What is the brand of your unit? The screen picture doesn't look familiar to me.


Defenceboy
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:45 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

Post by Defenceboy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:26 am

chosan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:40 am
Defenceboy wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:57 pm
chosan wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:09 am


Sounds like a CANBus-box problem. Correct settings are all in the thread, use search. Also verify that that connector is seated properly in the CAN-box,
Thanks for your reply. Can you please point out which is the connector for the camera?
It's the second connector from the left. Your problem is most likely in the OEM-wiring. It's all discussed in this thread, you need to swap two yellow connectors from CAN to the unit. Use search. I would contact the seller for advise if your CAN is still not working, hence SWC and so on, not working.

What is the brand of your unit? The screen picture doesn't look familiar to me.
Brand name is Wanqi. They just me this wiring diagram and the Canbus settings. I didnt connect the two connectors (small circle). Will try it tomorrow. According my memory, the exact same setting is not present in my Canbus but i will have detail look tomorrow.

Screenshot_20191008_202548_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

nissan.jpg



chosan
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Re: After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

Post by chosan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:13 am

I'm not familiar with that brand, never heard of it. I can't see the CAN-box on the above picture or is it built in? If it's not built in, your camera is connected straight to your unit, not via your CAN-bus according to the picture above. Looking at the Key1 (brown cable), which is one of the SWC-keys, it looks like it is connected straight to your unit. With the units I'm familiar with the KEY1 and 2 are not used if the CAN is utilized for SWC. Are you sure you have a CAN-connection?


Defenceboy
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:45 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

Post by Defenceboy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:08 pm

Defenceboy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:26 am
chosan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:40 am
Defenceboy wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:57 pm


Thanks for your reply. Can you please point out which is the connector for the camera?
It's the second connector from the left. Your problem is most likely in the OEM-wiring. It's all discussed in this thread, you need to swap two yellow connectors from CAN to the unit. Use search. I would contact the seller for advise if your CAN is still not working, hence SWC and so on, not working.

What is the brand of your unit? The screen picture doesn't look familiar to me.
Brand name is Wanqi. They just me this wiring diagram and the Canbus settings. I didnt connect the two connectors (small circle). Will try it tomorrow. According my memory, the exact same setting is not present in my Canbus but i will have detail look tomorrow.
There is a Canbus but it is not visible in the above pic.

IMG-20190917-WA0004.jpeg



Defenceboy
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:45 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

Post by Defenceboy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:34 pm

chosan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:13 am
I'm not familiar with that brand, never heard of it. I can't see the CAN-box on the above picture or is it built in? If it's not built in, your camera is connected straight to your unit, not via your CAN-bus according to the picture above. Looking at the Key1 (brown cable), which is one of the SWC-keys, it looks like it is connected straight to your unit. With the units I'm familiar with the KEY1 and 2 are not used if the CAN is utilized for SWC. Are you sure you have a CAN-connection?
The reverse cam is working now after following the wiring diagram but not the steering wheels buttons. I didnt find the right car settings in the Canbus. Emailed about it and now waiting for their reply.


chosan
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Re: After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

Post by chosan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:33 am

Defenceboy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:34 pm
chosan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:13 am
I'm not familiar with that brand, never heard of it. I can't see the CAN-box on the above picture or is it built in? If it's not built in, your camera is connected straight to your unit, not via your CAN-bus according to the picture above. Looking at the Key1 (brown cable), which is one of the SWC-keys, it looks like it is connected straight to your unit. With the units I'm familiar with the KEY1 and 2 are not used if the CAN is utilized for SWC. Are you sure you have a CAN-connection?
The reverse cam is working now after following the wiring diagram but not the steering wheels buttons. I didnt find the right car settings in the Canbus. Emailed about it and now waiting for their reply.
You probably have to do a manual programming of your SWC in settings. I wonder what the CAN-box is suppose to do in your case? Maybe only detect reverse gear.


Defenceboy
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:45 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

Post by Defenceboy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:09 am

chosan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:33 am
Defenceboy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:34 pm
chosan wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:13 am
I'm not familiar with that brand, never heard of it. I can't see the CAN-box on the above picture or is it built in? If it's not built in, your camera is connected straight to your unit, not via your CAN-bus according to the picture above. Looking at the Key1 (brown cable), which is one of the SWC-keys, it looks like it is connected straight to your unit. With the units I'm familiar with the KEY1 and 2 are not used if the CAN is utilized for SWC. Are you sure you have a CAN-connection?
The reverse cam is working now after following the wiring diagram but not the steering wheels buttons. I didnt find the right car settings in the Canbus. Emailed about it and now waiting for their reply.
You probably have to do a manual programming of your SWC in settings. I wonder what the CAN-box is suppose to do in your case? Maybe only detect reverse gear.
May be. I just noticed my volume up and down buttons are working without configuration in Canbus but no the next and previous track button. Isnt it strange?


Defenceboy
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:45 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

Post by Defenceboy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:52 am

Quict update. The buttons are working after upgrading the firmware of the Canbus.


Mad Maru
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:51 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

Post by Mad Maru » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:22 am

Still having an issue with my Unit had updated MCU & system firmware and device still turns off as soon as the start stop button is pressed anyone else having this issue or am I the only one who can’t use their head unit unless engine is running or acc on?


Post Reply

Return to “Electronic systems”