Boot Lock query!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Cara

Post by Cara »

Just seen this - do you think it would work ok with Qasshqai? http://www.ventlock.com/tailgatelock.php

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Surely the simple answer is just to leave the windows open slightly. The dogs get the air and the car remains secure.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Cara

Post by Cara »

Hi, Sadly no! There is inadequate air through the windows to stop the dogs overheating on sunny/warm days and leaving the windows open also allows easy access to the car to steal the dogs.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

But you can get those concertina devices to fit into the windows - surely leaving the boot open is a much bigger invitation to steal - and wouldn't it look really odd with the tailgate raised up when parked?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

gvmdaddy wrote:I can't see any sensors on the tailgate so can only assume the central locking and alarm will activate when the two parts of the tailgate lock engage.
If that is the case, then how about buying another bottom half, the d shaped ring, and inserting it into the lock on the tailgate brfore hitting the lock button. Obviously youll have to remember to pull it out after unlocking and closing the tailgate again. You'll also have to remember to disable the alarm if you are leaving the dogs in the vehicle.
I have just confirmed - by inserting a similarly sized screwdriver into the lock jaws, that the car WILL lock as usual if the catch is occupied - hence the ventlock type of fitting should work.

Cara wrote:Just seen this - do you think it would work ok with Qasshqai? http://www.ventlock.com/tailgatelock.php
A somewhat clearer picture of how these things work: http://www.walkiees.co.uk/blog/view/rev ... -ventlocks

I still think leaving a window slightly open in addition - in order to get a decent airflow - would be beneficial.
Cara

Post by Cara »

Hi
The tail gate is lockable and even with the grids in windows there isn't enough air circulation to leave dogs safely. But thank you for the idea.
C
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I don't understand which of my comments you are referring to here. Have you decided on a course of action?
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I found this, but it looks like I'm late to the party.

http://www.walky.co.uk/walky-lock-range.html

I know someone who uses a VentLock on a 2007 X-Trail so I would expect it to work on a QQ - I doubt there's much if any difference in the lock mechanisms. Although... there's no handle on my QQ - the lock is purely electrical - so I assume the part of the device that fits into the latch in the tailgate would need to maintain pressure on the sensor.

lock.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Cara

Post by Cara »

Brilliant. Thank you all - I going to order a vent lock and see what happens - will let you know. If the vent lock works then I will also order the tailgate grid with locks! I really appreciate all the help you have given me on here. THANK YOU. :-)
RVW

Post by RVW »

Cara wrote:Brilliant. Thank you all - I going to order a vent lock and see what happens - will let you know. If the vent lock works then I will also order the tailgate grid with locks! I really appreciate all the help you have given me on here. THANK YOU. :-)
Hi
How have you got on with this?
I ordered one from ventlock.com and my experience of this so called company is absolute shite!
Ordered over two weeks ago and still not arrived. Sent about twenty emails, no response.
Telephoned numerous times and no reply! Did manage to get an answer once and was told it had been posted but no real offer to investigate or replace/ refund.
Still trying to get in contact but feel I shall have to revert to debt collector or similar.

So in view of my experience with this company I would say steer clear!
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red