Auto folding mirrors kit

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

Hello,I just come across this genuine Nissan kit which will transform your manually folding mirrors into auto-folding each time when you open or close car if I have understood correctly. What make me wonder is how that is genuine, cost only £55 and never been added on production line! Is it really worth make people upset to strip from that function to save £55?Link here:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Qashqa ... 9eb42e3c6I think £55 is not much for this transformation. Any thoughts?

kramrolyat702014-04-09 08:20:50

Philippe64

Post by Philippe64 »

Hi, seller says its genuine and his feedback is good. It looks genuine too. Maybe at that price it is worth trying and then you can let us know if it works..lol
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

Why do I feel like...
TC3

Post by TC3 »

I actually like controlling the folding manually as there are times I want to open and close if I put car in garage.
Good luck if you order it
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

ippopy

Post by ippopy »

For those Tekna owners...what happens to car when you walk away from it? Is it lock itself or you got to manually lock it via remote control?I know there was some topic regarding this issue but I can't find it....or I am just lazy
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

For me folding mirrors were a massive thingAnd I gotta say hitting a button and saving £55 is an no brainer especialy as you have to hit a button to lock the door24 hours in and im already used to it
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

[quote="TC3"]I actually like controlling the folding manually as there are times I want to open and close if I put car in garage. Good luck if you order it[/QUOTE]Had a similar kit on my 2010 n-tec & 2013 360. Just leave the standard button in the middle position & the mirrors open/close when you lock/unlock, a handy visual sign that the car is definitely locked, BUT the button still works the same way so you can manually open/close if needed.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

[quote="ippopy"]For those Tekna owners...what happens to car when you walk away from it? Is it lock itself or you got to manually lock it via remote control?I know there was some topic regarding this issue but I can't find it....or I am just lazy[/QUOTE]It doesn't seem to autolock to me..I've left it a few minutes and walked several metres away....so you either need to use the i-Key or push the button on the door handle.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

[quote="Philippe64"]Hi, seller says its genuine and his feedback is good. It looks genuine too. Maybe at that price it is worth trying and then you can let us know if it works..lol[/QUOTE]Would this not affect the warranty though?Depending on your model the door mirrors look like they could be very expensive seeing as they hold the cameras.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Gosh, I take it you lot only buy made-to-measure-suits? I find the mirrors to be real easy, just the one button, strategically placed, fairly close to the door handle and same as TC3 I too garage my car at night and no doubt that would mean a broken mirror at some point with automatic mirrors. So far my car is just perfect, same as an M&S suit it fits me well.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.