creating nissan connect account in UK

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
crazyapple
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by crazyapple »

I'm trying to register a new account for my QQ, on Nissan Connect. On second page (where I need to select my car), the dropdown doesn't have option to select Qashqai. Anyone knows a way around this please?

chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

You don't do it via that screen anymore, you do it via the Nissan You+ website.

I had the same issue a couple of months ago, and Nissan customer services replied with the correct link. Can't tell you it though at the moment as it's in my home mailbox, but have a look around the you+ and you may find it.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

Hi

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago.
the address to register is https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/you-plus.html
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

I managed to get it working with my Q, but to be honest cannot see the benefit of it -unless I have missed something? What would be great to have a car with the sat nav using Google maps linked to real traffic updates.....maybe one day!
I own a used 1.5 DCI N-connecta 2016 machine
crazyapple

Post by crazyapple »

DanDan wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 1:47 pm Hi

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago.
the address to register is https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/you-plus.html
Thanks, will try this one
crazyapple

Post by crazyapple »

beetroot42 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:09 pm I managed to get it working with my Q, but to be honest cannot see the benefit of it -unless I have missed something? What would be great to have a car with the sat nav using Google maps linked to real traffic updates.....maybe one day!
Absolutely... that's what they should be aiming for
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

beetroot42 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:09 pm I managed to get it working with my Q, but to be honest cannot see the benefit of it -unless I have missed something? What would be great to have a car with the sat nav using Google maps linked to real traffic updates.....maybe one day!
The facebook, twitter, eurosport apps are all a bit gimmicky and you'll never use them. I can see the tripadvisor being useful when in an unfamiliar area.

What I have found useful is the google send-to-car, saves you having to go through all the fiddly set up to add something to your address book when you can just click in google maps on a PC and send it to your car.

The other thing I've used a couple of times is the online voice search.
crazyapple

Post by crazyapple »

chrisw99 wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 8:12 am
The facebook, twitter, eurosport apps are all a bit gimmicky and you'll never use them. I can see the tripadvisor being useful when in an unfamiliar area.

What I have found useful is the google send-to-car, saves you having to go through all the fiddly set up to add something to your address book when you can just click in google maps on a PC and send it to your car.

The other thing I've used a couple of times is the online voice search.
I agree, the only thing I am looking to use is Google send to car feature.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

An internet radio app would have been great, and they do have these for non-UK accounts, TuneIn radio was on there at one point for other markets.

I'm off to Devon on holiday next week so I like to listen to local Devon radio this week to keep an eye on weather forecasts and local events and suchlike. Easy to do anyway, fire up the internet radio app on the phone and just switch the Aux audio to bluetooth, but would have been nice to be able to control it from the car a bit better.