Phone can’t dial out from voice button

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Blas, welcome ! As you can see from this very long post there were a lot of members that had this problem which appeared to be one of these Nissan Technical Omissions, but the person with the money the Customer was not informed. I personally cannot remember any rectification of this Problem and I believe customers were just stuck with not being able to use the Function.
Why not question your local Nissan Dealer or even NCS and see what their comment or excuses are, we have a Dec 2019 model and it works fine - Good Luck Dave ☹️
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

I have a Connecta 3 ICE box (SD Card) and:

Handsfree seems to be either misunderstood/misrepresented or perhaps not defined in the QQ context. The handbook symbols are misleading for sure. And the "where fitted" thing appears. These cars don't have a manufacturers "as built document" for us...so its a nuisance trying to determine whats installed.

I had a read round this subject which covers both the Connecta (ICE) and Car handbook. No mention of Voice Recognition amongst it, so I guess if they did integrate it then they have disabled it...or it just wasn't there. I'd say it wasn't an easy thing to get right anyway.

It may have been a problem as regards the Nav system as well? See some of Top Gear in E. Europe.

And pressing the screen entries is very risky when driving.

Do the Android/Car play boxes pick up voice commands via inboard mike(s)?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Blas
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Blas »

DaveBerlin wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:21 am Blas, welcome ! As you can see from this very long post there were a lot of members that had this problem which appeared to be one of these Nissan Technical Omissions, but the person with the money the Customer was not informed. I personally cannot remember any rectification of this Problem and I believe customers were just stuck with not being able to use the Function.
Why not question your local Nissan Dealer or even NCS and see what their comment or excuses are, we have a Dec 2019 model and it works fine - Good Luck Dave ☹️
Hi, Dave

Yes, i have to contact local dealer next week. So you have 19 model, is that new qashgai version apple carplay and android auto support ? Or just same nissan connect and same button as older version ?

And for knowing Nissan politics i assume that those carplay and android auto support cannot update 2018 version at all ?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Blas, our QQ is hopefully the latest as we cancelled our order 3 times as there was information floating around on the Forum, Websites and Nissan regarding spec Changes inc the problem you now have.
Guaranteed there are no Nissan updates or I would have believed that a member would have posted on this.
All I know is that I tried talking to NCS, basically they are in some respects a Call Center because they did not understand.
This attachment Tekna + hopefully will help as this is what we have from the UK Nissan Specs - Dave 😊

4D0F666B-AD29-4AA0-A51D-D9FDECD8B274.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

As an aside ...if there is one thing that might help here, its getting both Google and Apple out of the way...as regards voice processing. And needing to sign up to Mob Phone data plans of which I don't need. Some do...ok

I note that Voice tags have been removed from the older QQ Connecta boxes...pity that. Think I used that with either Nokia or HP....way back then.

What might knock Google and friends off their perches a bit is the current revelations of the CCP's handiwork globally. Where's your innocent voice (personal data) going....? Ask the Hong Kong youth.

Data Comms looks as though its in for a change of track...5G and all that. A lot of dirt is being dug up.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta