Qashqai Automatic Gearbox Issues

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This might be worth a quick read as it points out the CVT problems and there are some comments on the legal side but unfortunately US based, but you never know you might learn something - Dave 😏

Should You Trust Nissan's CVT? - Nissan Problems : http://www.nissanproblems.com/cvt/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

jpatou
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by jpatou »

Hi All. My Nissan Qashqai+2 2.0 Automatic (purchased 01/2012) on 2/12/2019 stopped moving and transferred to the authorised dealer in Limassol (Cyprus) for investigation. I was notified that the problem is the gearbox and need to be replaced. Really disappointing to find out that there are so many CVT owners having problem and forced to replace it and nothing happens from the official NISSAN. Other makes in such a case they recall to replace the problematic cars but for NISSAN in Europe this is not a case ;(
Do you know who is the responsible in NISSAN Europe and where to send an email for this problems?
SamSoji
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by SamSoji »

hi all. have similar issues and will take a look at the suggested sites but would be interested to hear if anything comes out from Nissan directly. Its really disappointing to hear so many people with the same issues. bought mine, which is a 15 plate, 18 months ago and Nissan service repair told me its about 6000 for a new gearbox.
Foxspur
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Foxspur »

My first auto gearbox on my 13reg Qashqai lasted 37000 miles and I agreed to pay 50% of the cost of a replacement, about £3500.
The symptom was a clunking noise while accelerating away from a low speed corner/ roundabout.
The replacement lasted 8000 miles. The symptom was a whirring noise. I was without my car for three months while I negotiated with Nissan who wanted me to pay £4500. I eventually threatened to go to small claims court at which point they agreed to replace it free. The car has been serviced and MOT’d from new by the Nissan dealer.
The second replacement has lasted 2000 miles before giving up the ghost with a bang (short of an explosion but quite dramatic). An instant lack of traction. This happened, luckily for us, on a country road leading to the M25. If it had happened 5 minutes later, while on the M25, it could have been fatal. The car is currently back at the dealer’s.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

No one's reported nearly as much hassle as you!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Kaylie1989

Post by Kaylie1989 »

Can please someone help me and get back to me asap.
I have a 65 plate Nissan qashqai with 24000 miles on the clock. So about 4 weeks ago the car started juddering when
The auto gear box changed gear but got worse quite quickly. Now it has now power what so over when I put it into drive or reverse. I got it looked at by Nissan in stourbridge and was told that the whole gear box is knackered and it needs to be replaced. Obviously I've had the car just under 4 years so no warranty on it what so ever. I was told to fix the gear box and for Nissan to do it was 13500 worth more then the bloody car!! I'm so upset as I'm a single mom of 4 children now I cant afford to get that done nor buy a new car. I cant even take my children to school as the school is a distance away. I'm pulling my hair out literally. Just cant believe this has happened to my car. I cant even get it to a local garage to look at it. Please please any help I would really appreciate. This is surely not on and is a disgrace that this has happened. My email address is kayliewhitehouse9@hotmail.com
Please email me directly if you have any suggestions or how you got on with complaining. Thanks so much
Kaylie