Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
Philguk

Post by Philguk »

Yeah, my dealer also wanted to start with diagnostics, but when I mentioned that a Nissan has SPECIFICALLY said I was to decline diagnostics things seemed to go a lot smoother. But we’ll see

jposborn84
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by jposborn84 »

I’ve had this exact same issue with a recently purchased 2015 Qashqai. 5-6 yr old car but mileage of a 2-3 yr old so not a complete surprise it’s only recently started. First happened after visiting Brighton for the day, so not isolated to Dover it seems... After reading this thread I phoned the service desk at FG Barnes Guildford who didn’t seem interested in helping, and said, “been here 18 months and I’ve never heard of it”. Got on to Nissan UK as others suggest and given the same instruction to contact a local dealer quoting the technical bulletin. Booked with Ancaster Shepperton who had it in yesterday and installed D605 (it was on D302) free of charge. So far so good. I find it odd that after 5 services with a main dealer it wasn’t pro-actively updated before.
Thanks to those who have gone before and shared how to get this resolved, as I was beginning to regret buying a car with so much tech.
Philguk

Post by Philguk »

Quick update

Had my software updated by Bristol Street in Chesterfield this week. They were most helpful - and no discussion of charges. When I mentioned I hoped this would fix the issue, I was told “almost certainly”. She went on to say the issue started to appear in 2019. Not just in Qashqais and not even just Nissans! Sounds like there was a widespread DAB issue introduced, which did take some time to get to the bottom of. But since they were provided with this software update all has been well

Wish I knew what the Nissan TB actually said

Anyway, fingers now firmly crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞
QashqaiWSussex

Post by QashqaiWSussex »

I had the same issue with my QQ64 plate. A bit of Googling pointed to the problem possibly being to do with the south of England, I commute from Heathrow and it would mainly be fine heading south until i got to box hill area then it would cut out every minute or so wether on DAB or Bluetooth audio. Anyway the other day I reset factory settings and it hasn’t happened since. So hope this helps people as it’s unbearable.
Settings>system>restore factory setting.

You’ll need to restore your radio stations and re-link your phone after that’s all 8-)
amz2740
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by amz2740 »

QashqaiWSussex wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:47 pm I had the same issue with my QQ64 plate. A bit of Googling pointed to the problem possibly being to do with the south of England, I commute from Heathrow and it would mainly be fine heading south until i got to box hill area then it would cut out every minute or so wether on DAB or Bluetooth audio. Anyway the other day I reset factory settings and it hasn’t happened since. So hope this helps people as it’s unbearable.
Settings>system>restore factory setting.

You’ll need to restore your radio stations and re-link your phone after that’s all 8-)
I don't want to speak too soon as it's only been a few days but the above suggestions seems to have done the trick for me. I just factory reset as per above and haven't had any bluetooth music cutting out since. :D
2019 (19 Plate) 1.5 Tekna Black
Smithy326

Post by Smithy326 »

i live in Austria and drive a QQ 2015. up to recently never had a problem but now experiencing the same problem as a lot of owners appear to in the UK. looking for a solution i came across this forum.
i use my iphone via bluetooth to mostly listen to spotify. recently it cuts out several times (although the song keeps on playing), when i switch over to the radio nothing happens then either. it will start playing again after a few long seconds but eventually the screen goes black. it comes back after a few seconds with the message „navigation starting“ although i had not used the navigation system.
it seems to happen more frequently and is extremely annoying. the left loudspeaker stopped working once, when the system died and restarted again the next time, it worked fine again.
today i tried a factory reset but haven’t driven since so not sure if it’s working. one local dealer suggested a two hour diagnostic…another said i could try replacing the whole unit with a new Nissan one (cost unknown so far) or just another unit altogether.
up to now we’ve been quite happy with the QQ but this problem is frustrating as there don’t appear to be any straightforward solutions. i’d be quite „happy“ to pay for a replacement if it was guaranteed to work but reading through this forum, that doesn’t appear to be the case?
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

have you checked to if your connect firmware/software is upto date D605 was the last version. plenty of threads on here for you to read up on if your not sure
Nickks

Post by Nickks »

Been having this issue constantly since I bought my used QQ Tekna 2016 plate a few weeks ago.

Should I ring the Nissan customer services and explain the problem? Have checked the software and it's running D502, so needs an update I guess?
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

Nickks wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:12 am Been having this issue constantly since I bought my used QQ Tekna 2016 plate a few weeks ago.

Should I ring the Nissan customer services and explain the problem? Have checked the software and it's running D502, so needs an update I guess?
Yes, give them a call, you do need an update.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Call your local dealer and ask if they can apply the free software update
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)