Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

dhuidrom wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:31 am I have the same issue for a year or so with DAB dropping off and reloading. Lately the whole NC system (bluetooth, sat nav etc) started to crash and reboot every 2 mins or so.
I contacted my local Nissan dealer (Wilsons Epsom) for the software upgrade. They quoted £108 plus £120 per hour for diagnostics.

Any idea how do I get my 2015 Nissan Qashqai NC software upgraded for free as some of the forum user manage to get it for free.
Ring Nissan UK customer service and tell them you are being charged for an update that Nissan have said is free to all customers.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red

andybishop
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by andybishop »

I found this forum post whilst doing a google search for the issues that have started on my wifes Nissan Juke. At the weekend we had a trip to Germany and returned on Monday evening. Shortly after getting off the Eurotunnel crossing at Folkstone whilst listening to music via bluetooth the music started dropping off and then the stereo would reboot showing the Nissan symbol. All the way back to the midlands it kept on doing it. Luckily we were not relying on the Satnav to get us home.

We have not had this issue at all in the two years of owning this car, so being in the vicinity of Dover could of caused this like other have experienced.

I will contact Nissan UK and our local dealer to try and get this resolved.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

I assume this is DAB reception in your Juke? And what car year?

DAB: (and FM)
Don't think you would be receiving the Dover related transmitter too far out of Dover. The unit would seek nearer transmitters automatically as you travelled which ensures correct Traffic Announcements (TA) and signal quality.

I know that signal quality is a prime criteria of DAB and Nissan systems are very sensitive to that. And there has been some talk that Dover is a problem....likely inaccurate. This system is tightly controlled by the broadcast authority. Receiver design and production/support is something else though.

Best to call Nissan direct for a possible free update of software.

I'm in the W. Mids with a 67 plate QQ and the rebooting problem has not occurred, although DAB away from motorways is very lossy ! Signal quality issue at low level on roads etc.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
zxe

Post by zxe »

zxe wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:09 pm So i had mine upgraded and found no problems until i drove to london, and the radio on the motorway kept cutting out, now i had driven on that motorway before and not seen this. The difference was i was using the 12v plug underneath the system for my phone. If i disconnected the plug from the 12v plug the radio would come back up, if i added on, it would suddenly go on and off. Not sure why this should be?
Seems if you usee the 12v adaptors in the car it does effect the radio and the SAT NAv, they go quiet or go off, its not for long,but you can see that they are not getting power, i did a trip using the 12v and a trip back without and without the signal never went
andybishop

Post by andybishop »

calnorth wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:45 am I assume this is DAB reception in your Juke? And what car year?

DAB: (and FM)
Don't think you would be receiving the Dover related transmitter too far out of Dover. The unit would seek nearer transmitters automatically as you travelled which ensures correct Traffic Announcements (TA) and signal quality.

I know that signal quality is a prime criteria of DAB and Nissan systems are very sensitive to that. And there has been some talk that Dover is a problem....likely inaccurate. This system is tightly controlled by the broadcast authority. Receiver design and production/support is something else though.

Best to call Nissan direct for a possible free update of software.

I'm in the W. Mids with a 67 plate QQ and the rebooting problem has not occurred, although DAB away from motorways is very lossy ! Signal quality issue at low level on roads etc.
It's a 2017 Juke Nismo RS, seems strange that we've not had a problem before at all and then we come back through Europe into Folkstone and we have the problem as soon as we are driving up the M20 from Folkstone.

My wife is going to call our local Nissan dealer tomorrow. I will check what version of firmware it is currently on this evening.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Is yours a 17 or 67 plate?

If the dealer demands a charge for the latest software update (if there is one) then call Nissan direct before proceeding. The dealer should know if the update addresses the current rebooting issue and it should be free.

Its possibly a hardware problem but from what you report here it replicates the rebooting fault experienced to date. It appears that the latest software usually fixes it. Trouble is that this software update was only issued about 2 months back.

Let us know how you get on.....confidence needs to be gained
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
andybishop

Post by andybishop »

It's a 17 plate, Checked the versions last night and it is Software: D502 and Hardware: 033. Also noticed we have TA turned off already and don't think we've ever had it on, some people have mentioned turning that off helps.

Hopefully the update fixes it, its drove us made on the 4 hour trip home, I ended up turning it off completely. It was still doing it yesterday when my wife was out and about.

I will keep you posted.

***Update*** My wife has just called our local Nissan (Holdcroft Stoke), they know about the problem, the update and say it is covered under Warranty, its booked in for next Wednesday.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Great...I think there was a distinct hardware & software change between early and late 2017. My 67 is hardware 037 and software F16A which is quite a difference over yours. Think yours will go to a higher D number?

I had TA turn me away from an M50 incident 3 days ago..first time and very useful. That uses the the DAB (VHF) radio TA's to trigger the Nav system into a re-route via a couple of request screens. Expect that little process would cause reboot with poor software thats on the edge of crashing anyway.

However, the DAB performance on local and country roads (Shropshire/Worcester) constantly cuts but does not initiate reboot. I haven't been to Dover yet but looking for those around there to report. Think one did and positive after the update but not a lot heard since.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
colchester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by colchester »

Same issue here - only had the car 2 months so it's still under warranty. Called the dealership and within seconds of describing the issue the chap said "Ah yes... that's a known issue caused by a software update recently". He explained that they'll perform an update and that should fix it - however if not, it'll be £99 for further investigations. They'll need the car for the full day.

Pleased that it's a known issue - the symptoms I'm experiencing are exactly what he said the issue was - and therefore expect there should be a satisfactory resolution.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

The £99 isn't right. For them to switch it on its £0 and apply a software update also £0.

If the ICE unit (radio etc) is otherwise defective its up to the dealer to diagnose/repair/replace for £0. They cannot repair ICE units so it would be a new unit, which hopefully has the new (fixed) software in it.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta