Keyless Protector

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This subject has been mentioned often before on this Post : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5973 and today there was some more Facts available - hopefully of interest - Dave :)

I am still digging in on this subject and there has been another Test carried out by “Autobild” here again using the systems as used before to break into cars. From 15 Cars Tested : Audi A6 / BMW X5 / Ford Focus / Honda Civic / Kia Ceed / Mazda 6 / Mercedes A-Klasse / Peugeot 508 SW / Porsche Cayenne / Range Rover Sport / Renault Grand Scenic / Seat Tarraco / Subaru XV / Volvo Xc60 / VW Touareg. The only car to withstand this Test was the Range Rover Sport.
It does appear now that Manufacturers are beginning to act with Movement Sensors or the switching OFF of the Keyless Go systems. The usual methods Key Pouch / Tin Box / Saucepan / Refrigerator were again mentioned. Incidently I did leave all the Data on the Secu-Key 3.0 with our Dealer to read and comment on.
Then this system came up called “Keyless Protector” which looks interesting. I have added some website information and facts from Amazon on the product which costs £144.00

51+bHnEURHL__SL1080_.jpg

Take a look at the Videos :
English : https://keylessprotector.co.uk/

English : https://www.carsystems.eu/keyless-prote ... d3303.html

German : https://keylessprotector.com/de/?gclid= ... gIiIfD_BwE

The following is information from Amazon : Keyless Protector– Revolutionary New Technology For Relay Attack Prevention, Keyless Car Key Signal Blocker, Keyless Entry Fob Protector, Automated and Easy To Use, Simple Installation.

Product description : The Keyless Protector, a new and revolutionary way to protect your vehicle from the threat of relay attacks. Relay attacks are on the rise and are already a serious threat to most vehicle owners. It's even been reported that some insurance companies will not insure Range Rovers in London unless they have secure parking due to the amount of relay attacks happening. Criminals are using antenna devices to boost the signal from car key proximity remotes in order to gain access to the vehicles and even drive them away in many cases. Thieves can pull off a Relay Attack and drive away your vehicle in as little as 30 seconds and the equipment used requires no force of entry and can be bought for very little, making this a very profitable and low risk crime. The good news is that the Keyless protector can easily protect you against relay attacks, the advanced technology, ultra-thin circuit board that wraps around you vehicles remote key battery and works automatically. The Keyless Protector detects when your key is not in use and blocks the signal, stopping criminals from using it to steal your car. To reactivate the key all that's needed is a double tap either in your pocket or bag. Once activated all vehicle functionality resumes, including keyless entry and Start/Stop Keyless ignition. The keyless protector is designed to keep all the convenience of keyless technologies but eliminate the relay attack risks that come with it.

Features : Automated Protection / Convenient and Easy to use / Safe and Secure / Fast and Simple Installation / Fits Most Manufacturers

Sizing - The sizes are to suit the following batteries:
Small: All 20mm diameter batteries like the CR2032 and CR2025
Large: All 24mm diameter batteries like the CR2450 and CR2430
Please check the size of remote battery before purchase. Battery should have its size stamped on it, First two numbers after CR refer to size/diameter in millimetres

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Video of the Relay Attack below. So the QQ cops it in respect of the door request press buttons.

Watch for a git with a handful of mini bricks near you.

There is a third blanked button position on the fobs.....manufacturers might disable the fob with that configured. Not going to happen!

Need a 433.92Mhz jammer which could jam more than my fob? And likely illegal in UK.

Last edited by calnorth on Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
duncho

Post by duncho »

Dave, indeed interestingly designed solution. I would however expect some more details, which I could not find mentioned.
For example if I tap it twice, for how long this device will power the keyfob? If short enough to open and start the vehicle, then after it disables power supply of the keyfob, car will shout out that keyfob is not present during drive. Also how much battery energy this little module consumes? ;)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

calnorth wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:32 pm Video of the Relay Attack below. So the QQ cops it in respect of the door request press buttons.

Watch for a git with a handful of mini bricks near you.

There is a third blanked button position on the fobs.....manufacturers might disable the fob with that configured. Not going to happen!

Need a 433.92Mhz jammer which could jam more than my fob? And likely illegal in UK.

It is a crime to use any apparatus, including jammers, for the purposes of deliberately interfering with wireless telegraphy (radio communications) in the UK. The maximum penalty is two years’ imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine. :o

See section 68 of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Dan, thanks for your comments there was nothing to be found in the articles in regard to the Battery Life, just a couple of comments in German that I think even you will understand - Dave :lol:

IMG_5202.jpg

Key is disabled after 30 mins of rest or 30 steps, in a Minute the Key is completely disabled.

IMG_5205.jpg

Tap twice to activate, 2 quick taps are enough to re-activate the remote key.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

Thank you Dave for details :).
Do you know what is meant by 30 steps /minute? Deactivation of the keyfob is the most important parameter in my opinion.

Have you bought one already? Is it easy to push it in the keyfob?
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, now you are getting Technical, my German Wife translated “Schritten” as Steps which OK perhaps in English “Paces” (when walking) would be better 🤣
No I have not purchased one, I am just trying to keep abreast of developements at the moment, still use the Pouch, got a Krooklok, have given information on the SecuKey 3.0 to Nissan to assess if and when a new QQ is ordered.
There appears to now be some movement from Auto Manufacturers but it all seems mainly to be Movement Sensor related. From what I have found Porsche / MB are using this system now, VW / Volvo are deciding when, BMW are offering the system, Seat in July. Some Manufacturers have now Systems that turn “OFF” such as Audi A6 / A7 / A8 / Q8 /e-Tron. End of May A1 / A4 / A5 / Q5 / Q7. From Feb Ford Fiesta and in May the Ford Focus. Other Manufacturers are not commenting - Dave 😉
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Do they mean key fob time out....deep sleep?

I am thinking of writing to the dealer cc Nissan Sunderland about this issue and my fag burnt seat.

There could be a deafening silence?

Colin
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Colin, could well be give it a try ! 🙂
If you have not done this before it is better to inform NCS first in writing by email, you will then get an automatic acknowledgement and you should get a NCS Customer No. Normally you will get an email stating within “x” number of days you will get an answer. If you have any history, photos etc send all as evidence for later. NCS normally then contacts the Dealer, if you are lucky the Dealer might react without NCS which has happened in our case. The NCS number helps you as you can call and normally discuss with an agent but normally it is a Call Centre person, I did start asking for the “Back Room” which was as I found out to be case related personnel with some knowledge.
I have contacted NCS on subjects I felt needed attention like Safety / Hands Free (J11B before the update) but in most cases just hit a brick wall or was referred back to our Dealer, but what I questioned was Nissan Design related not Dealer - Anyway Best of Luck Dave 😉
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Thanks Dave,

I have been on such a crusade before with Mazda. Thats before "Quality Systems (UK)" and Consumer Law. Wrote to Mazda Nagasaki and received a polite response directing me to the UK Main Dealer. The head banging started right there. Talking very simple manual gearbox here.

I usually correct things myself thus eliminating nearby fools of this world, but in the case of the Relay Attack cannot do that. Just sent "Ask a Question" via the Nissan website:

"Regarding the current Relay Attack theft problem impacting certain Nissan cars. My Qashqai is susceptible to this attack that uses the door press button (request) function via RF relay. I am aware of ways to limit this attack and that incur personal cost. However, what I and others need to know is exactly what Nissan proposes to do about this problem. Owners must have complete confidence that their vehicle when locked is not compromised by this particular attack".

Their form Phone No (field) is a right dog of a thing...
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta