ULTRA THIN LED STRIP - WHITE/ORANGE

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
james25179
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by james25179 »

Hi all,

Hope you all are well.

I am new to owning Qashqai and hence i am confused about the Qashqai Wiring, Fuse diagram etc.
You guys are well expert in this so could i please allofyou to help me with my issue.
I have bought a pair of Ultra Thin LED DRL Strip just like my fellow member "Foxworld" has done it with his qashqai.
i want to use it as a DRL & also as a side light, my fellow member has only usedit for Sidelights, but i want to use it to for both.
Now i am confused with how do i do the wiring. i have 3 wires Black for ground, Red for white light or DRL and yellow for Side light turn signal. SO could someone help me in install this on my Qashqai. i will really apprreciate your help.

many thanks in advance.

Regards

Foxworld
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Foxworld »

I have not looked, but couldn't you just tap into the original DTRL of the Qashqai, of course you would have to connect both ground (Black) and (White) DRL, to it and the one single Yellow wire to one of the wires on the indicator bulb.
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

Not fitted mine yet but had a quick look at the wiring.
So on the back of the light unit if I am correct there are 3 wires leading to the DLR
Black should be Earth
Brown should be main battery power live
Yellow door locks so I think this is the wire that controls the DRL staying on for a few seconds after door lock and turns them on when door open.

So your yellow on the strip lights is for the indicator, you need to connect that to the live on your indicator wiring loom.
Then your black and red need to connect to the DRL wires
Black will go to Black
Red will go to either yellow or brown but as I have not tried not sure which so trial and error
I think if you connect to Brown the extra DLR will come on with ignition on and off with ignition off but if you go to Yellow they should come on with key opening doors but I am not sure and not sure if they would remain on.

Or you could buy a DRL controller and connect Red and black to that and yellow to indicators
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... controller
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
james25179

Post by james25179 »

HI,

hope all of you are well.

i have an old Qasqai its 2008 model it doesn't have a DRL. hence i thought to install it after looking our fellow members instruction "Foxworld".
and i am completely new this things and inspired by you guys, hence i thought to install but got no idea how to do it.
Foxworld

Post by Foxworld »

james25179 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am HI,

i have an old Qasqai its 2008 model it doesn't have a DRL. hence i thought to install it after looking our fellow members instruction "Foxworld".
and i am completely new this things and inspired by you guys, hence i thought to install but got no idea how to do it.
Oh right, then you just need to tap into a fuse that comes on with the car ignition, as I dont own a first gen qashqai I couldn't tell you where, or hook them straight from the battery using a resistor.
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

james25179 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am HI,

James your best option would be buy a DRL controller and connect Red and black to red black from the controller and yellow to indicators
The controller connects direct to your battery red/black and it is fused to protect it.
The controller will make your DRL work like factory fitted, when you turn ignition off the lights stay on for a few seconds.
It will make the job simple and can be installed in minutes.
They only cost £1.50
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DRL-Con ... st=ae803_5
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

Quick update for James, I have now fitted mine and I used DRL controller for the white DRL light made it easier to wire up, simply black to black red to red and then connect to Battery terminals.
I then connected the Yellow on the lights to the green on my Indicators at the back.
Not sure what colour your wires will be on the back of the indicators.
So now the white DRL lights comes on when the engine is started and when ignition is turned off and key removed they stay on for 10 seconds.
When the indicators are used they knock the DRL off and just the yellow indicator runs
james25179

Post by james25179 »

Hi All,

hope you all are well and had a wonderful christmas holiday.

well thank you very much for the all the replies...i kind of understand to attach black and red wires from the DRL Strip to the battery, but could you please help with the Yellow wire where to i attached that. as i tried to look for any wires on my indicators, but its just socket and looks like wires are internal. the bulb just comes out from the back just by twisting the socket but their is no cable i can see. i am sorry i must be sounding complete dumb. but i have no idea about cars electronics hence requesting you all to help.

many many thanks in advance... best would if any one can upload a picture of how to connect the yellow wires to the inditicators.

regards
RiveriaMan
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by RiveriaMan »

I also did the Foxworld Mod as I mentioned in his original post: https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8011

For the indicator positive supply (yellow wire) that you are enquiring about then for my installation I did the same as Foxworld and took it straight from the bulb terminals as he mentions/shows in the original post.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.
james25179

Post by james25179 »

Hi All,

happy new year to you all.

right i did tried to add the positive wire to battery positive and negative to battery negative pints. but even after the car was switched off, the light carried on and didnt switched off itself.

so this way it will always stay on and will drain the battery. Any other idea please. would any of you know where can i find the Fuse for "ACC" and fuse no. for ACC and side lights. i guess that would be easier and best.

many thanks

regards