Air Intake Turbo Pipe replaced but still no power

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
PHD
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by PHD »

Hi

I have a 2012 quashqai NTEC1.5 diesel.

A week ago I was loosing power and after a google it was obviously a cracked air intake turbo pipe (seems a regular problem)

I ordered a replacement.

In the meantime I drove the car for short journeys over a couple of days. Yesterday, it limped home and then konked out.

I have replaced the pipe this morning but now have no power at all. It turns over, revs to 1000 but then won’t idle and konks out again.

Have I damaged the turbo, engine or anything else driving while the pipe was cracked?

I had the turbo replaced with a reconditioned one 6 months ago.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

vuli
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by vuli »

I am just guessing but, if it do not rev up more than a 1000 rpm, I would check if turbo is ok. Maybe you have problem with a turbo.
Glazgow

Post by Glazgow »

Your DPF filter is blocked or partially blocked, this will cause it to come to a shuddering stop when you start it. The broken pipe is the weak spot within the system that has relieved the pressure simply replacing the intercooler turbo pipe will not fix the issue.

The Deisel Particulate Filter gets a build up of soot from short journeys and it requires a good motorway run in 5th to burn off the the particulates that build up.

You will need to find a garage willing to remove it and a DPF cleaning business to take it too. Soon as you mention Nissan Qashqai you'll get the oh yeh I know which means it's a common problem for this type of car. No point taking it to quick fit or halfords they dont touch them.
Laura_260

Post by Laura_260 »

Hi
I'm up fretting late night reading.

As I had the bad news day.

On Xmas day my car went into limb mode and I had to be driven home.

RAC said it was the air intake pipe. Reading these it seems a common problem!

Anyways I have got It in garage, they have changed the part but the car still isn't powering up.

They have no mentioned the DPF.

does anyone know once they sort this will my car be ok. Absoutle fretting
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Also recorded here:
Laura_260 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:35 am I'm in exactly same position
My nissan qashqai cut out on xsmas day. Had to be towed home.

The garage has replaced my pipe. Still not working so now looking at dfp

Did the "garage" do any diagnosis on the car at all, or did you just ask them to change that pipe? Sorry can't help myself.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)