VERY Heavy clutch on 2015 1.6 DIG-T

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
DavidMole
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by DavidMole »

Very first post here !

I previously owned a 2009 1.6 Qashqai, loved it, drove 80,000 miles in it. I replaced a few months ago with a 2015 DIG-T 1.6 petrol. Since I picked the car up I have noticed that when in traffic , traffic jam etc, clutch becomes very heavy and difficult to push in. A squeaking noise also starts to be heard from the engine bay. not the pedal. I suspect a clutch issue and eventually had to video it as the dealer simply took it for a drive and said there was no issue, which is the case if you haven't depresssed the clutch much. I have a 12 month warranty on the car as I bought it used from a main dealer, but I get the impression they are reluctant to do any repairs under warranty . Anyone have any ideas so I can not only instruct the nissan dealer but also so I ensure they don't fob me off again.
Since I had the car I am also experiencing the radio reboot issue. Radio goes quiet for 10 seconds, get the station unavailable message, radio comes back. After this happens 10-15 times the radio reboots. Same thing if using bluetooth , DAB or FM. Never used the navigation.
Is this version of Qashqai unreliable or have I just been unlucky ?

I uploaded vid to youtube of the noise that starts once clutch gets heavy :

Tion
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Tion »

Not sure about the clutch, but the radio issue you may need a software update for Nissan connect.
Recently got my 66 plate Qashqai and mine did the same with the radio.
Booked it into Nissan and they updated software free of charge 😀
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I've only changed clutches complete and not experienced stiffening. Certainly nothing time related. Were cable operated clutches anyway. Its tempting to say temperature dependant but couldn't be sure.

Most anything on forums is largely to do with the pedal swivel or hydraulics which tends to mean a close inspection and test from the pedal to the slave cylinder. The noise you mention I think is oil compressing. Pedal looks free.

If the dealer won't help you'll need someone else with specific expertise...to jerk the dealer!
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Mocca

Post by Mocca »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwjDgNrJjc7mAhUvlosKHa9XBGkQwqsBMAF6BAgLEAg&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

YouTube · frostsilenec
1:24
Nissan Qashqai J11 - squeezing clutch pedal fix
9. lip 2018.